and borrow more customers from the competition.
Imagine if you were able to accelerate your marketing message frequency to customers, by boosting response using strategic marketing in direct and customer-centric marketing?
Next, imagine directly reaching customers online with a dash of traditional marketing, such as email for example, with a higher frequency of response, building and writing a series of relevant
If you like this idea, here’s how to start.
Learn how to study your marketing data. Today, your company must capture and study marketing data, to determine what you need if your goal is to increase sales. The best way to start is by building custom marketing segments based on customer data. It will allow you to send specific messages to like-minded buyers from your database.
Maybe you’ve thought of testing marketing segments, but time slips away. Today it’s not a dream. You can create data-driven direct marketing with ideas from your traditional marketing results easily by using another communication channel, such as email.
For example, if you’re a small B2B company with 500 or less employees, it’s a good time to learn how to build a company specific multichannel marketing platform. It can lead you towards a fair share of new or larger corporate customers.
Borrowing a few customers from your competition is also within reason. If that’s your goal, a customer segment project will cause companies to stick around. Learn how by reading the next 5 points on customer acquisition.
- Don’t waste time on building a strategy. Yes, tongue in cheek. The best strategies we always recommend is direct and customer-centric marketing strategies, developed for company growth. Think of the direct marketing strategy as a message sent directly to a prospect or a past contacts. customer. The customer-centric strategy means you know something about your contacts and customers to deliver a relevant message to their needs.Check out the article in this issue of Direct Marketing Success; “How a multi-layered personalization can snag a few more customers…when something is known about the recipient which provides a significant benefit for advertising.” It’s guaranteed to stimulate an idea or two.If you are hungry for more information using segmenting in your database, it’s a great article to help you understand what you need to increase your customer base. Start tinkering with personalization and customer segments as such and you’ll experience first-hand how the two work together in great unison and see the results for yourself.
- Use a silicone emollient, such as learning customer data, that keeps your marketing running on all 5 cylinders. Data, data analytics, and data management are the work horses that hold your marketing platform together. If you feel that data analysis is not your strong suit, find someone who does understand marketing data. There are more people available today who understand and can interpret the appropriate data for you. Start and stay in a learning mode in your quest to understand customer data. Steady the course and avoid trying to do more until you have a better understanding of the assembled data. The more you know, the more your campaign will grow as well as the marketing segments.
- There are many advertising channels to choose from. If you feel there is a lack of customer data, stay the course. Test your assumptions and learn more from existing customers. Test your ideas by talking to a select group of your best customers. Next, use direct marketing mail to reach other contacts. Direct mail is usually a great place to start data collection because everyone has a mailbox.Add email to the mix of direct mail. Using the Pareto Principal, 80% of mail business addresses have an email address. If you start out with direct mail, use a simple website landing page to capture additional email addresses from those who have purchased from you in the past. Offer something free. For example, a gift to offer a percentage off their next purchase.Eventually, you’ll have enough information and data, which will make multi-channel your double-digit marketing response of choice.
- Besides having an address,use direct marketing mail techniques, specifically for creating offers. Most, if not all direct marketing professionals have a very strong motivation gene in their DNA to go after the consumer tooth and nail to make a purchase. For instance, powerful direct marketing copywriters can use the right words and craft creative offers. Copywriting professionals know the importance of an offer no one can refuse.Bring in the customers with dazzling design, pulling the reader into the mail piece, to consider an offer.Lastly, frequency of messages is like finding a pot of gold, especially if you can do it below budget!
- Customers like to play coy. In today’s economy, prospective customers don’t want to be sold to. Customers can decide where, when, and how they want to interact with your company. They want to make their own decisions. This decision could be in your first contact, or after two months of messages before there is any contact.With the capability of better web searches, the growth of social media and even communication with business associates, there is literally a mountain of information available to gather for the next copywriting project. That’s a big reason why we know frequency is an important direct marketing tactic. When used with multi-channel communications, you can collect additional data to record, and even sell products and services.Cross-selling and multi-channel communications get a better response. It even makes your customer service better. The list of accolades for a great customer information and list data is a job no one regrets tackling.
Customers that receive relevant messages tend to respond higher. Revenue increases with every marketing campaign. Add as much information as possible to your database. Data is the key for better business and more business for the future. Start today.